Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I acquired 2 aps cisco 9120ax from one soon to the next, it does not g

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was able to enter the AP configuration normally. What I see is that it does not accept the capwap command. You will know why it is because at the beginning it did not let me go through enable when I ran the configure terminal command. Now I want to use the AP as controller. and it won't let me

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The USB-to-console dongle is glitching. 

Reboot the machine or find another machine.

I increased the transmission speed from 9800 to 11520 and it worked now what I am going to do is tomorrow I will see how I proceed with the configuration

greivinsanchez716_0-1713492817378.jpeg

Is the AP not working? Does it have a boot loop? Does it finish the boot sequence?

I was able to enter the AP configuration normally. What I see is that it does not accept the capwap command. You will know why it is because at the beginning it did not let me go through enable when I ran the configure terminal command. Now I want to use the AP as controller. and it won't let me

Rich R
VIP
VIP
> when I ran the configure terminal command

conf t only applies to an older AP model (eg 3702) running autonomous mode IOS.

Catalyst APs like the 9120 do not run IOS, it's a completely new OS called AP-COS (ClickOS).
You cannot configure a CAPWAP AP using conf t.
If you want the AP to operate as a controller then it needs to be converted to EWC and it then runs both IOS-XE (for WLC function) and AP-COS (for AP function) as separate processes.

Refer to https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/embedded-wireless-controller-catalyst-access-points/white-paper-c11-743398.html and https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/ewc/17-12/config-guide/ewc_cg_17_12/overview_of_the_controller.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card