Views
Helpful
Replies

I have two AP, and want an ssid to one AP o and other ssid to other

mplaksin0
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In a WLC 5508, i have one AP in first floor and other AP in second floor. I create two WLANS but i need to publish one in first floor and the other in second floor.

Is this posible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well Honestly , it depends on the WLC version that you are using.

In olde releases this has to be implemented using wlan override

feature where you need to go to wireless --> Access Points --> Radios --> select either 802.11b or a  --> on each AP there is a blue arrow adjacent to it where you can hover over it and select configure.

In the resulting page there ssid override option that you can enable and select the SSIDs that should be broadcasted on that AP.

On the new releases this has been combined in AP groups so you configure lets say AP group for floor one and another one for floor 2 , in the first one u add the ssids that should appear on floor 1 and the list of APs in that floor.

Then you do the same in the second group.

Mohammad Aldehnee

------------------------------

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

yes this can be done.. This feature is called AP-Grouping.. here is the configuration example to perform the same..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008073c723.shtml

Lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards

Surendra

====

Please dont forget to rate the usefull post which answered your question or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Hello Surendra,

I see the configuration example, but i think that Ap Group Vlan is to publish the same ssid with diferents vlans.

But i need to publish diferent SSID per AP.

Well Honestly , it depends on the WLC version that you are using.

In olde releases this has to be implemented using wlan override

feature where you need to go to wireless --> Access Points --> Radios --> select either 802.11b or a  --> on each AP there is a blue arrow adjacent to it where you can hover over it and select configure.

In the resulting page there ssid override option that you can enable and select the SSIDs that should be broadcasted on that AP.

On the new releases this has been combined in AP groups so you configure lets say AP group for floor one and another one for floor 2 , in the first one u add the ssids that should appear on floor 1 and the list of APs in that floor.

Then you do the same in the second group.

Mohammad Aldehnee

------------------------------

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Thanks for the answer!

Even i told the same with Link!! i guess you did not go through the link correctly!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Finally i resolve the problem using Vlan Override feature clicking:

Wireless --> Access-Points --> Radios --> 802.11x -->Choose AP --> Click Configuration --> Choose Enable in Vlan Override

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N55EBOn2zZU

WOW!! Thats great to hear!!... n FYI.. in the newer WLC software versions.. WLAN Override is nothing but AP-Groups.. that is after 5.X and above its AP groups..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card