Views
Helpful
Replies

install APSP commands confused?!!

Charlie Grey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Q1 - what is the different btw the 2 procedures?

Procedure #1 -

1.ap image site-filter file file-name <add | remove> site-tag

2.ap image predownload

4. install activate file file-name

5. install commit

Procedure #2 -

1.ap image site-filter file file-name add site-tag

2.ap image site-filter file file-name apply

3.ap image site-filter file file-name clear

Q2 - what is the purpose to create a site filter when installing APSP?

Q3 - after all the APs installed the patch, do we need to remove the site filter?

what happen if we remove the site filter? ?? the APSP will all rollback on the AP??

v confuse.

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...what is the purpose to create a site filter when installing APSP?
  To avoid bottlenecks when AP's need to download images over WAN links on different sites(e.g.) In theory efficient upgrade picks random APs (per AP model) in each site and allows up to three subordinate AP's (of the same model because each model can require a different AP Image ) to download from the selected primary AP rather then download from the controller. This means that at scale only 25% of your APs would download their image from the controller , while 75% percent would download it from the another nearby AP. This drastically reduces WAN link consumption and improves transfer time in case of latency on the WAN. You can identify which APs have been selected as primaries with show ap master list.  However all of this works only for Flexconnect(ed) APs and only on site tags other than the default site tag.

- Further review this document : https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-8/Cisco_Catalyst_9800_Series_Wireless_Controllers_Patching.pdf and or start reading from AP patching using an AP service pack  , then (also)  jump to CLI reference , to get an overview of the correct CLI commands (and or sequence) , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card