Views
Helpful
Replies

internet keep going down and up many times

amralrazzaz
Level 5
Level 5

dear all

i have d-link access point connected to switch 2960 gigabit and switch connected to router 2911 so the network goes down many times and come back again

maybe because all employees connected through wireless  Access Point get disconnected from wireless signal and internet going down for seconds and come back again and this happen many times

if the packet goes down many times because there was an overload on the port of switch which the AP connected to it thats why the internet goes down ?

is there is any configuration or advise to say or to do ?

or can i add another access point to distribute the load or what can i do please help?

attached file below u can see connection overview

amr alrazzaz
17 Replies 17

i didnt monitor it before if u have any software i can install it and check the traffic through it will be better

i tested the wire connection for couple of hours and asked feedback from employees they said its fine and internet connection stable , i think just from wireless the issue come from 

whats ur excellent opinion sir? 

if i can access the AP device and check the settings maybe it will be fixed ???

i dunt know

:)

amr alrazzaz

so whats ur opinion ? 

thanks

regards

amr alrazzaz

It sounds as if the wireless router maybe at fault then if the line is stable as the switch port is ok and the wired connection is working ok without dropping
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card