Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is Cisco 9100 Series Access Point are compatible with WLC 2504 / 5508

please let me know is Cisco 9100 Series Access Point are compatible with WLC 2504 / 5508 / 5520.

Can Cisco 9100 Series Access Point work with WLC 2504 / 5508 / 5520 or not.

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

AdamF1
Level 1
Level 1

No as 5508's do not support the code level needed.

8.9 was the first code to start supporting 9100 series AP's but not all of them. 5508's are EOL and only support up 8.5 I believe.

If you ever need to know which AP's are supported on your code version you can look at the release notes and then click on the link at the top of the page that has Supported Cisco Access points.

View solution in original post

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, they are not. 

The APs require WLC that run 8.10.X.X and 2504/5508/WiSM-2 final firmware support is 8.5.X.X.

5 Replies 5

AdamF1
Level 1
Level 1

No as 5508's do not support the code level needed.

8.9 was the first code to start supporting 9100 series AP's but not all of them. 5508's are EOL and only support up 8.5 I believe.

If you ever need to know which AP's are supported on your code version you can look at the release notes and then click on the link at the top of the page that has Supported Cisco Access points.

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, they are not. 

The APs require WLC that run 8.10.X.X and 2504/5508/WiSM-2 final firmware support is 8.5.X.X.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card