cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to set priority for redundancy in CISCO EWC APs?

In my solution, there are 32 APs. In this AP, 27 APs have Capwap software for Catalyst 9115AX, and 5 APs have Embedded Wireless Controller software for Catalyst 9115AX. In this solution, I want to create a redundancy between the five APs that support EWC. I want to set this as a priority. If one EWC is done, then the second EWC will control all other APs. Similar to the next EWC APs. 
Now my question is, "Is it possible to do it?"

Also I have another question. CISCO EWC will EOS in 24-Nov-2024. Then what will be the replace solution for this?

1 Accepted Solution
2 Replies 2

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Then what will be the replace solution for this?
As per the EOL notice which BB shared above: "There is no replacement available for the Cisco Wireless Embedded Wireless Controller (EWC) on Access Point at this time. Customers who have deployed EWC-based access points are encouraged to convert them to lightweight (CAPWAP) mode and use a physical C9800-L wireless LAN controller (WLC) or virtual C9800-CL controller (“Ultralow” profile) beyond the support dates mentioned in product bulletin. For future deployment customers are encouraged to deploy the Cisco Meraki native cloud offerings."

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card