Views
Helpful
Replies

ISSUE with WLC9800L radios down

vahitalp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I currently moved from Meraki to WLC9800 controller. after setting everything and joining AP to my site the ssid are not broadcasting and radios shows down status. because i am new to this controller need an urgent help. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vahitalp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i actually solved this problem. It was a bug in Cisco software and after downgrading it to 17.5 they all worked fine. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Select an AP and then post the complete output to the following commands:

show ap name <AP NAME> tag info

the output is as follows:

AP Name : KAT7AP1
AP Mac : c4d6.6630.a570
Applied Tags :
-------------------------------------------
Tag Type Tag Name
-----------------------------------------
RF Tag Menarini_TR
Site Tag Menarini_TR
Policy Tag Menarini_TR
Tag/Profile Type Misconfigured
RF Tag No
Policy Tag No
Site Tag No
Flex profile No
AP join profile No
2.4GHz Rf Profile No
5 GHz Rf Profile No
6 GHz Rf Profile No
2.4GHz slot 0 Radio Profile No
5 GHz slot 1 Radio Profile No
5 GHz slot 2 Radio Profile No
6 GHz slot 2 Radio Profile No
6 GHz slot 3 Radio Profile No
AP Country Misconfig No
Resolved Tags :
-------------------------------------------
Tag Source : Static
Tag Type Tag Name
RF Tag Menarini_TR
Site Tag Menarini_TR
Policy Tag Menarini_TR

Post the complete output to  the following commands:

sh run | section wireless tag policy Menarini_TR
sh run | section ap profile Menarini_TR

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>.... because i am new to this controller need an urgent help. 
 - Have a checkup & deep analysis of the WLC9800 configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless and feed the
output into : Wireless Config Analyzer

- Also use this CLI command  : WLC9800# wireless config validate

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

What version of software are you using?
How are your WLANs configured?
I notice the 6GHz radios are down - that suggests a misconfiguration of the WLAN/policy like not applying WPA3 with MFP enabled.  If you're using the same WLAN and policy for 2.4/5GHz and 6GHz that will potentially cause problems on older software versions due to conflicting requirements.  From 17.12.1 it is possible to use a single profile for all bands and WLC will automatically apply WPA3, PMF to 6GHZ while not necessarily on the other bands:
From Cisco Live Amsterdam last week:

RichR_0-1707757868585.png

So if using WiFi 6E APs (like CW9164 which you are using) it would be best to upgrade to 17.12.2.

In general refer to the TAC recommended code versions - link below.

vahitalp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i actually solved this problem. It was a bug in Cisco software and after downgrading it to 17.5 they all worked fine. 

@vahitalp 
It's impossible to run 916x APs on 17.5 software because they are not supported so I doubt you are using 17.5 software?
In any event 17.5 is a limited support release which will never get any bug fixes so you should not be using 17.5.  It also contains a critical security vulnerability.  You should be using an extended support release - 17.9.x or17.12.x

I've not heard of any bugs which just cause all radios to be disabled - what is the ID of the bug you are claiming caused this?

Did you check you config as per @marce1000 suggestion?
Did you make sure you were using a TAC recommended release of software as I suggested?

You never did tell us what version of software you were using before - what version were you using initially?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card