cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

l need help cisco

lisavbedt
Level 1
Level 1

l have ordered 25 cisco used but l cant configure l put en then conf t it says input marker

l have smc switch how configure cisco is so hard someone help with cisco 

wlc could not discover  dhcp ip

23 Replies 23

is there only way configure when dont have cisco wireless controller?

>is there only way configure when dont have cisco wireless controller?
@Scott Fella already posted the link above for converting from lightweight (controller based) to autonomous (standalone also sometimes referred to as IOS).

The main problem you have is that these APs went end of support years ago so you may have trouble finding the correct IOS image to use.  Maybe the person who sold them to you can help?

lisavbedt
Level 1
Level 1

can access point connect only modem then configure it? ask does or not

>can access point connect only modem then configure it? ask does or not

No APs do not connect to a modem!

so it does only by wireless controller

so it does only by wireless controller

Yes - as already explained by me and Scott the lightweight (LWAPP/CAPWAP) software which your AP is running can only work with a wireless controller.

If you want to convert it to autonomous then you must follow the instructions Scott shared the link for and you can find many other guides and example if you search.  As already explained you will need to obtain a copy of the autonomous IOS software image to do that conversion.

l was right model was AIR-WLC2106-K9 WLAN 2100 from cisco l have order l do that later litte thing how remove dhcp ip address

is there remove dhcp ip address make new one? and how  l have 25 cisco 1 switch how connect all of them

l need whole building l there a way?

Looks for me you are not reading what suggested about, you only want to send message what you looking to do here.

there are many possibilities explored and suggested in the post here, not sure what part you did not understand.

or i would suggest to hire a consultant who can do the work for you.

1. Once you reset the AP

2. you need to DHCP Server to get IP address allocation (or you need to configure IP address manually - that is possible when you convert the image)

3. you can use Autonomous AP as suggested (you do not need WLC controller)

4. get WLC controller - all the AP can be registered with that WLC to work.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Rich R
VIP
VIP

I agree with @balaji.bandi - "hire a consultant who can do the work for you" - because it's apparent that you do not understand the suggestions that have been made already.

You can ask the consultant to teach you while they do the work and then you will understand it for future.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card