cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lab setup- 2911/CME, aironet AP, and 7926

michael murphy
Level 1
Level 1

I need to setup a lab for testing / demo 2 7926 phones to call each other.

Do you have a simple sample CME config to accomplish this (ie, ephone command, realtive show commands to prove it connected or not)?

Can I plug my AP directly into the ethernet port on the 2911? If not will any switch do?

Also, there will be a VMXL server added later, where does this get connected physically?

Let me know on this sample config what else I would need to setup the phones. Thanks so much.

3 Replies 3

I've seen this diagram.

Can I plug my AP directly into the ethernet port on the 2911? If not will any switch do?

Also, there will be a VMXL server added later, where does this get connected physically?

Let me know on this sample config what else I would need to setup / coonect directly a wired phone for testing.

You have to plug your AP to PoE switch port configured as trunk port (assuming multiple vlan trunk to wireless network) if you are using it standalone mode (without WLC). If your switch is not POE then you need power injector to power the AP.

Then you have to configure necessary SSIDs to phones to join via wirelessly & register to your CME. In DHCP scope for the phones you need to provide option 150 which is CME IP address.

Do not know about VMXL server connetion.

HTH

Rasika

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card