Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

URGENT HELP WITH VIRTUAL WLC

We had a problem with Virtual Machine which Cisco Virtual WLC installed. Virtual Machine files were damaged and the system was not start normally. We have had to reinstall the WLC, but after installation impossible to import current license to new one.

how can we install this licence again?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M. Wisely
Level 4
Level 4

You need to go to cisco.com/go/license and re-host the license.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

M. Wisely
Level 4
Level 4

You need to go to cisco.com/go/license and re-host the license.

Martin,

Can you explain me what is the connection between VMware unified identifier and reinstalled vWLC license

thank you

Licenses are tied to the device they're being used on. With a virtual WLC, the license is tied to the unique identifier of the vWLC and when you recreated the vWLC after your VMware problems the new vWLC has a different unique identifier.

It's a similar situation to what happens when a physical controller is faulty and is swapped out by cisco, the replacement will have a different serial number and you'd have to re-host the license to the new serial number.

Can you explain how can i do that, especially re-host to Vmware serial number, there is no information

thank you

Can you explain how can i do that, especially re-host to Vmware serial number, there is no information

---- AUTHOR HAS DELETED POST ----

NOTE:  Please avoid making multiple posts of the same topic. 

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

Please refer to my post in community forum https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4008218#4008218

Hope this will help you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card