Views
Helpful
Replies

Lack of power on C9200 port with C9120AXI-E

dsiin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

we have trouble with access point C9120AXI-E when they are connected on "c9200L PoE+" ports.

WLC 9800: IOS Version 17.9.3 (VID 5 and 7)
C9200L Poe+: IOS Version 17.9.3 Cupertino (same issues with 17.11.01)

In the access point guide, i've find the led state problem:

"Access point operating

system errors

blinking Cycling through Red-Off-Green-Off-Blue-Off

General warning : insufficient inline power"

And i’ve looked at the power from the switch:

Switch#sh power inline
Module                Available            Used    Remaining
(Watts) (Watts) (Watts)
------ --------- -------- ---------
1                             740.0                    15.4       724.6

Interface Admin Oper Power Device Class Max(Watts)
--------- ------ ---------- ------- ------------------- ----- ----
Gi1/0/47 auto on 15.4 Ieee PD 4 30.0

But the C9120 need 23.2 watt for functionning. so the access point is steel blinking Cycling through Red-Off-Green-Off-Blue-Off

I haven't got the problem with power injector!

is there anbody who can help me please? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...Gi1/0/47 auto on 15.4 Ieee PD 4 30.0
  - That means that the device is not recognized correctly and correct power is or can not be provided ; check if enabling lldp can help , if not yet done , according to : 
              https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9200/software/release/16-10/configuration_guide/int_hw/b_1610_int_and_hw_9200_cg/configuring_lldp_med__and_wired_location_service.html#task_qz4_wct_21b

Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/215636-troubleshooting-power-over-ethernet-poe.html
          According to this document  , you may try commands such as :
                          C9000(config-if)#power inline static
                          C9000(config-if)#power inline static max <required_power>

It's probably best to review the document first and not jump into the wild with these commands ...

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...Gi1/0/47 auto on 15.4 Ieee PD 4 30.0
  - That means that the device is not recognized correctly and correct power is or can not be provided ; check if enabling lldp can help , if not yet done , according to : 
              https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9200/software/release/16-10/configuration_guide/int_hw/b_1610_int_and_hw_9200_cg/configuring_lldp_med__and_wired_location_service.html#task_qz4_wct_21b

Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/215636-troubleshooting-power-over-ethernet-poe.html
          According to this document  , you may try commands such as :
                          C9000(config-if)#power inline static
                          C9000(config-if)#power inline static max <required_power>

It's probably best to review the document first and not jump into the wild with these commands ...

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you very much,  enabling lldp makes a good synchronisation between switch and access point!

For all the newer APs you must enable CDP (Cisco switches) or LLDP (but not both) on the AP switch port for PoE to work with the AP.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@dsiin wrote:
so the access point is steel blinking Cycling through Red-Off-Green-Off-Blue-Off

Potentially faulty cable.  

sain123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have same issue.blinking Cycling through Red-Off-Green-Off-Blue-Off on AP

i enable cdp it works but i was seeking for other option 

after Disabling CDP I tried this command on port (power inline port poe-ha) it works its stable after couple of reboots

That's the "Fast POE" feature! https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/software/release/16-9/configuration_guide/npl/b_169_npl_9300_cg/configuring___perpetual_poe.html
If it's working I'd say that's more by luck than design and is likely an unsupported configuration.  I wouldn't want to use a config that requires me to reboot an AP a few times to get stable operation!!!

The only supported configuration is to use CDP or LLDP.  If you choose to configure it some other way then don't be surprised when you have problems.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card