Views
Helpful
Replies

LAP1142N cycling IP addresses from DHCP

jtlampe0316
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a LAP1142N that is connected to a 3560 nonPoE switch (using compatible power injector) that will not associate to the controller I have set-up. The wireless is existing and I have about 11 other APs connected to the controller with no issues. The AP will pull an IP address from DHCP running on the primary controller. The AP pulls a new IP address in roughly a minute. I set the pool to be 3 IP addresses and set a contant ping to each, there is about 1 request time out before the next IP address starts pinging. I went to the controller and pulled the following message error from the log.

*Feb 13 14:24:58.614: %LWAPP-3-HDR_ENCAP_ERR: spam_lrad.c:4216 Unable to encapsulate LWAPP header for discovery response; AP (APs MAC address)

*Feb 13 14:24:58.614: %APF-3-PDU_ENCAP_FAILED: apf_net.c:771 Failed to encapsulate a PDU for transmission to station00:00:00:00:00:00. Destination IP address not set in L3 mode.

I have tried a different cable, connecting to a PoE switch, different controller, larger DHCP range, hosting DHCP on the distribution switch, I am awaiting console access to the AP since this is remote work. The controller is running Software Version 5.1.151.0. Thoughts?

console inventory output from GUI

Model No. AIR-WLC4402-25-K9

Burned-in MAC Address XXXXXXXXXX

Maximum number of APs supported 25

Gig Ethernet/Fiber Card Absent

Crypto Accelerator 1 Absent

Crypto Accelerator 2 Absent

Power Supply 1 Absent,Not Operational

Power Supply 2 Present,Operational

FIPS Prerequisite Mode Disable  

UDI :   

Product Identifier Description AIR-WLC4402-25-K9

Version Identifier Description V02

Serial Number XXXXXXXXX

Entity Name Chassis

Entity Description 4400 Series WLAN Controller:25 APs

2 Replies 2

David Watkins
Level 4
Level 4

The 1142N is a CAPWAP based AP and requires your WLC be running a minmum of a 5.2 release.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps10092/datasheet_c78-502793.html

You will need to upgrade your WLC to support the 1142N.  What other models of APs do you have joined?

The other APs in use at the site are 1242AG's. Will reply once the software get upgraded. thanks for the input.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card