Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limit SSID Bandwidth On Guest Anchor Controller

HI All, 

I hoe you can help me I have tried the search functions and I think this is achievable but I would like to confirm with you first hand.

We have A cisco 5508 running Code 7.6.130.0 that is used to anchor out guest clients for out guest SSID. We would like to limit the overall available bandwidth to this SSID down to 40Mb.

How would I achive this, would I need to apply a QoS policy to the internal Lan controllers and the Guest Controller or just to the Guest Controller?

Apologies QoS is not my strong point. Would I need to go to the QoS tab on the guest WLAN and use the 'Override Per-SSID Bandwidth Contracts?'

Thanks In Advance. 

Craig 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M. Wisely
Level 4
Level 4

On the guest WLAN, click on the QoS tab and you'll see rate limiting fields per user and per SSID (see attachment). By the sounds of it you're looking to limit total traffic for the guest WLAN so you use per SSID rate limiting fields.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

M. Wisely
Level 4
Level 4

On the guest WLAN, click on the QoS tab and you'll see rate limiting fields per user and per SSID (see attachment). By the sounds of it you're looking to limit total traffic for the guest WLAN so you use per SSID rate limiting fields.

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Quality of service (QoS) refers to the capability of a network to provide better service to selected network traffic over various technologies. The primary goal of QoS is to provide priority including dedicated bandwidth, controlled jitter and latency (required by some real-time and interactive traffic), and improved loss characteristics.

The controller supports four QoS levels:

Platinum/Voice—Ensures a high quality of service for voice over wireless.

Gold/Video—Supports high-quality video applications.

Silver/Best Effort—Supports normal bandwidth for clients. This is the default setting.

Bronze/Background—Provides the lowest bandwidth for guest services.

VoIP clients should be set to Platinum, Gold, or Silver while low-bandwidth clients can be set to Bronze.

You can configure the bandwidth of each QoS level using QoS profiles and then apply the profiles to WLANs. The profile settings are pushed to the clients associated to that WLAN. In addition, you can create QoS roles to specify different bandwidth levels for regular and guest users. Follow the instructions in this section to configure QoS profiles and QoS roles.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/5-0/configuration/guide/ccg50/c5ccfg.html#wp1254534

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card