cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logon to AP through WLC

wfqk
Level 5
Level 5

Hi, As we know, we can see and configure many features for AP via WLC. but now I would like to logon to AP via its WLC to enter some commands. Its like using ssh or telnet to logon to AP to type some command. Can I do this? Thank you

5 Replies 5

Hi

Yes you can. On the AP config page on WLC you can define username and password. Then, on the advanced tap, check "Over-ride Global Credentials "

You can follow this guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_01101011.html

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Thank you so much for your reply. I think what you are mentioning is about how to configure username and password etc for ap in WLC. Sorry I was not clear about my question. 

Now username and password for AP has been configured. I wonder if we can have a page on WLC side to logon to AP, and then are able to type some command for configuring AP like we logon to AP via ssh or telnet from outside

CLI into the WLC and then "remote access the AP from the WLC"? In a way, it is possible using "debug ap enable <AP name>" and then issue the commands by using "debug ap command <command in quote>".
It is better to just find out what is the IP address of the AP and then remote into the AP without the WLC because it is faster and less cumbersome.

Hi Leo,

Somehow this command doesn't work on my WLCs.

(j1c-wc-c1a) >debug ap enable <AP Name>
(j1c-wc-c1a) >debug ap command "show ip int br" <AP Name>

The WLC is 5508 running 8.2.160.0 and the AP is 3700. SSH is enabled on the APs with overriding the credentials. Is there any limitation around this command ?

Thanks,

Manish

This feature has been enabled since 7.X days.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card