cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for experience of mounting APs above a suspended ceiling

DMitchelljnr_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client who wants to mount their AP1142s above the ceiling.  I looked at the ECaddy and Cooper ones suggested in Cisco docs but they are 24inch, my ceiling tiles are 50cm and neither appear to do a suitable hanger.  Anyone got any experience of a suitable product for 50cm tiles.

Thx,  d.

5 Replies 5

naeem.yazdani
Level 1
Level 1

In one of our projects we install several 1242 and 1131 APs. We have been installing these units in various locations such as wall, column, beam, etc. and in most cases have had to use a bit of creativity to come up with the best mounting methods. Our main focus has always been to stay within the height and distance specs for any given AP.

In our case, we had to place the AP above the suspended ceiling we have looked at the height. if the highest pint in the ceiling was within the spec then we have installed the unit on the cross beam, that is if there were no columns or walls nearby; otherwise we have use various contraptions to hang the AP from the ceiling and at an acceptable height.

Hoe this helps.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try this ...

Thanks for the response but I've looked at both of these brackets and they are

designed for a 24inch ceiling.  Both manufacturers have options for 20inch/50cm ceilings but neither is high enough to support the AP or they come with a box already attached.  Anyone know of any other manufacturers?

Look at the "T" rail.  The height is adjustable.

Sorry I meant the width - my client's ceiling tiles are 50cm x 150cm . The width of these brackets is fixed at 24inches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card