Views
Helpful
Replies

LWAPP c1252 enable telnet access

choywy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I face with this simple problem...I have this LAP c1252 and it won't registered to the WCS/WLC....

My Tier3 like to telnet/ssh to it to diagnosis but I am stuck as in how to enable telnet/ssh access on the LAP c1252 (I have console access to the c1252)? I perform some searches in Google and found that you can only do it via the WCS CLI command...But the c1252 has not registered to the controller yet, how do I issue the command when the AP is not registered yet?

Seems like it's a chicken/egg issue to me?

Any advise/help will be greatly appreciated...

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Take a look at this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a00808f8599.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you console into the ap, the output you see when the ap has been rebooted and is in the join process will tell you what WLC it has joined if it does indeed join a WLC. Since you did have console access, you also could of entree the WLC IP address to tell the ap to join that specific WLC.

-Scott

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can't enable telnet unless the ap is joined to the WLC. What you need to do is console into the ap and reboot it. The output will tell you why it's not joining.

-Scott

Take a look at this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a00808f8599.shtml

-Scott

Thanks...is there a command that I can issue in the c1252 to see which controllers is it register to?

The command "sh logs" will tell you the joining process.

ap#show capwap client rcb

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you console into the ap, the output you see when the ap has been rebooted and is in the join process will tell you what WLC it has joined if it does indeed join a WLC. Since you did have console access, you also could of entree the WLC IP address to tell the ap to join that specific WLC.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card