Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing Wireless N+1 redundancy Configuration

Hello,

I am running WLC HA using N+1 solution wherein the configuration are managed seperately. Current problem is I need to ensure that the changes I have on WLC1 should also be performed on WLC2.

What options are available to manage the configuration without doing manual work, eg. DNAC(intent), Compliance etc. so when there is a difference in profiles for the WLC I can quickly identifiy

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The disadvantage  of N+1 versus HA SSO is that the configurations must be synced manually , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Okay provided that it is manual, any other monitoring compliance checks can be done to easily spot the differences

- You could have a look at https://meldmerge.org/#     (e.g.)
     If we talk about compliance then you also can have the configuration(s) of a 9800 platform 
     evaluated by the Wireless Config Analyzer  by using the command show tech wireless and
     feed the output from that in the mentioned link (tool). Do not use a simple show tech as input
     for this procedure.
     This is more elaborated , but very useful and recommended for 9800 controllers , it can point
     out differences for the N+1 controllers too but is more elaborated

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

DNAC intent will work, but u need to provision both WLCs at same time to not get out of sync

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

So, this will not work for brownfield devices wherein there is already existing configuration without having to migrate to intent DNAC managed and provision right?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We use Notepad++ with the Compare plugin and compare the config. 

Another option is to check the file size of the config.text files of both units. 

Finally, use the command "sh run".  If someone has changed the config, the first three lines of the output will provide the username and the time-and-date.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card