Views
Helpful
Replies

Meraki AP-Give selected users access to changing passwords for SSIDs

mSumo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am quite new to meraki solutions... and looking to deploy few Meraki AP (probably MR36 or 28 models). The client has some specific requirements below:

• 3-floor building
  • each floor will have their own SSID (such as 1st floor - Sales; 2nd floor HR + Management; etc)
  • each floor will have a selected user that will have access to change password for their department/floor. (Looks like there is a WIFI Ambassador role that could be used?)
  • An access token will be generated for Guest network (Guest WIFI will be for entire building/floors)

Now, I'm sure that meraki would be capable to cover most of the requirements, I'm however not sure about that (admin?) access for selected users to be able to change passwords only for their department (floor).... Is this possible at all? I can have one WIFI ambassador that would be taking care of all SSIDs, if the above would not be possible

appreciate if somebody could help me answer the above... So that I can communicate that properly to the client.

4 Replies 4

Hi

I dont believe this can be done directly on the Wi-Fi system but you achieve this by using tacacs server.

there is no tacas server.... It is a small customer with very basic set up...

Could you please advise whether at least the WIFI ambassador is used for a selected user to change password for SSIDs etc? Or will have to be a proper admin role.

Ambassador can be an alternative on this case.

Network Permission Types

Guest ambassador: User only able to see the list of Meraki authentication users, add users, update existing users, and authorize/deauthorize users on an SSID or client VPN. Ambassadors can also remove wireless users if they are an ambassador on all networks. The existence of network templates anywhere in a dashboard organization prevents guest ambassadors from deleting wireless users.
Presented with user management portal only."

"

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Managing_Dashboard_Access/Managing_Dashboard_Administrators_and_Permissions 

No I don't think it will work "Presented with user management portal only" so they will not have access to network configuration required to change PSK on SSIDs (presuming that's what was meant by changing password for SSIDs?)

PS: You might get more suggestions on the Meraki forums:
https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/bd-p/wireless-lan

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card