Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating a WLC4400 to CT5500

Can you help me to make the migration from two AIR-WLC4402-50 to two AIR-CT5508-100 ?

How do I migrate all LAP to AIR-CT5508-100?  and, can be done without interruption of services ?

What are the steps to follow?

There is documentation on this?

Thanks in advance.

CR

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hkumarsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cristian,

plz follow the steps -

1. bring up both 5500 wlcs. plz make sure, there is no network issue. Both wlc shld be reachable from APs and old wlc.

2. 4400 and 5500 shld have same image otherwise ap will again download the image once the join 5500.

3. configure primary controller on the APs as 5500 (anyone u want). I would suggest you to configure it on first few APs. if you do not see any issue then go for the rest.

and also before moving all the APs, plz try to associate a client to new  wlc and check that there is no issue in accessing any services.

and also make sure that you have identical configuration (wlan, vlan etc) on new wlc.

AP will move to new WLCs and hope there should not be any interruption of services.

Let me know if this solves you problem and please don’t forget to rate the useful posts.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

hkumarsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cristian,

plz follow the steps -

1. bring up both 5500 wlcs. plz make sure, there is no network issue. Both wlc shld be reachable from APs and old wlc.

2. 4400 and 5500 shld have same image otherwise ap will again download the image once the join 5500.

3. configure primary controller on the APs as 5500 (anyone u want). I would suggest you to configure it on first few APs. if you do not see any issue then go for the rest.

and also before moving all the APs, plz try to associate a client to new  wlc and check that there is no issue in accessing any services.

and also make sure that you have identical configuration (wlan, vlan etc) on new wlc.

AP will move to new WLCs and hope there should not be any interruption of services.

Let me know if this solves you problem and please don’t forget to rate the useful posts.

Thanks

I do the migration at the end of this month, however I think your a good solution.

You have already made ​​similar migrations?

Many thanks

great information Hemant. Thanks for sharing 5+

Thanks & Regards
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card