Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express WLC disappearing with non Cisco SW

Hi all there,

quick question if anyone has been through this already or if you are aware of anything to this regard.

We are temporarily using a set of Cisco Aironet 1830 AP all running Mobility Express and 1 acting as WLC. Normally they are set on Cisco Catalyst 2960 SW. We have to move them temporarily on an Ubiquiti SW, all working ok except cannot ping the AP, neither accessing the WLC. Before digging more in everything was wondering if you know if

- this is an known issue with ME and not working smoothly on non Cisco systems

- or if definitely should work no problems at all and the issue is definitely with how the Ubiquiti/WLC is setup

Thanks for your feedback!

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...Ubiquiti SW,....except cannot ping the AP, neither accessing the WLC
 - I can't see this being related to the involved Cisco equipment , because normally the switch is only a neutral packet switcher, you should check the Ubiquiti SW configuration and look for restrictions such  as ACL's , you could test by for instance replacing the AP connection with a PC with a same subnet address as the APs and check if you can reach the WLC (ping and or GUI) , 
            So I would say the issue is definitely with how the Ubiquiti/(not)-WLC is setup!

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Like @marce1000 says check the Ubiquiti switch configuration.  And make sure the switch software/firmware is up to date and check with Ubiquiti support for any known bugs that you could be encountering.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card