cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mounting IW3700 (IW3702-2E) Horizontally

EE_36220
Level 1
Level 1

I have a case in which due to environment constraints, if mounting the IW3702-2E vertically with 2 omni directional antennas pointing upwards and 2 pointing downwards, there would not have enough clearance such that the upper 2 antennas would be blocked by the beam structure of the building.

Can I mount the IW3702-2E horizontally with the 4 antennas pointing downwards through the right angle antenna connectors?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RichardAtkin
Level 3
Level 3

You can mount it however you like, you just need to consider how signal propagation will be impacted.  As you're comparing two cases where, in both, the antennae are vertical and the install position is about the same, I can't imagine there will be too much difference, though always worth doing a quick survey to double check.

The main concern really is that you might be mounting it close to something in appropriate.  Try to keep transmitters away from anything big and metal as much as possible as it impacts all sorts of RF things which ultimately hurts performance (in the broadest sense of the word).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

RichardAtkin
Level 3
Level 3

You can mount it however you like, you just need to consider how signal propagation will be impacted.  As you're comparing two cases where, in both, the antennae are vertical and the install position is about the same, I can't imagine there will be too much difference, though always worth doing a quick survey to double check.

The main concern really is that you might be mounting it close to something in appropriate.  Try to keep transmitters away from anything big and metal as much as possible as it impacts all sorts of RF things which ultimately hurts performance (in the broadest sense of the word).

Thank you for your advise.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card