cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

N bridge between two 1252an in bridge mode at 5GHz

dcorry
Level 1
Level 1

I've read in some of the cisco documentation on the 1250 series that root bridge or non root bridge modes are "not tested". They don't say "not supported". I have a client that could use a high bandwidth link between two buildings that are 100' or so apart. The fiber link has already been busted twice. Heavy heavy trucks kill the ground concrete. I have configed a 54Mbps solution with two 1242G's and some cisco yagi's. But, if an N bridge is possible with two 1252AG's, and go faster than the 54Mbps..I'd go with that setup.

Cisco documentation says the bridge modes show up in the 1252 webgui and are selectable. They just end it with "not tested".

Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It became supported in recent versions of the 1250 IOS.

|With this feature, the Cisco Aironet 1140 and 1250 Series can be configured for both access point and bridge functions. Bridging support on 802.11n access points offers added performance, reliability and throughput for basic wireless LAN coverage, wireless LAN coverage with wireless backhaul, and more traditional bridging applications.|

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps6087/product_bulletin_c25-560118_ps6973_Products_Bulletin.html

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It became supported in recent versions of the 1250 IOS.

|With this feature, the Cisco Aironet 1140 and 1250 Series can be configured for both access point and bridge functions. Bridging support on 802.11n access points offers added performance, reliability and throughput for basic wireless LAN coverage, wireless LAN coverage with wireless backhaul, and more traditional bridging applications.|

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps6087/product_bulletin_c25-560118_ps6973_Products_Bulletin.html

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

I don't know what's wrong with posting CCO links, it does this half of the times :-(

Anyway, search on cco for "1250" and "release notes" you should find it. Also on 12.4.21 release notes.

Nicolas

Ok.  Thanks.  Learn something new today!

Where you able to get N speeds with 5ghz bridge?

Please rate all helpful posts. Was the issue resolved? (Mark as "Answered")

You can obtain N rates as long as your link is not far. The AP will agree on a modulation in which signal strength, SNR, will contribute on what the bridges negotiate at.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card