Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to upgrade 8202i AP to at least 8.3.102 capwap release

gmanzo2000
Level 1
Level 1
5 Replies 5

Typically the APs are upgraded from the controller to the same firmware-version the controller is running. Are there any problems with that? What device is your controller (ME)?

Hello,

I have an 2802i AP working as a controller, actually all the APs, 16, are 2802i. The all have the release 8.10.151. I connect this AP to the Network, it is viewed by the ME controller, I try to upgrade it from the controller, but it says it cannot upgrade the device. Also I have tried to upgrade them from the TFTP option within the ME controller, It looks like it gets it, but when it reloads, the AP says it cannot find partition part2, where it is supoused to have the ME firmware, and then it starts with the capwap firmware.

Also tryed to upgrade it manually from my computer downloading the release 8.10.151, but the same problem. I saw that I need to have at least the firmware 8.3.102 at the AP in order to be able to convert it.

Are you trying to add a new AP to the existing ME 2802 controller? or are you trying to add a new redundant 2802 ME controller to the existing setup?

I had a similar problem before. What worked for me was to add the AP to my 2504 controller with version 8.5 where the upgrade to this version was working. After that I was able to add the AP to the ME and the AP was upgraded to 8.10.

If there is no hardware-controller available, you could install a virtual controller with evaluation license and version 8.5 and try that.

gmanzo2000
Level 1
Level 1

I had support from Cisco TAC and I was able to upgrade my 2802i access point. What I needed to do was the download 8.5.182 ME firmware and perform the following command on the AP:

AP# archive download-sw / reload tftp://tftp-ip-address/image filename

After this, my AP was ME capable and then I upgrade it to the needed firmware.

Thanks for your support.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card