Views
Helpful
Replies

Newly added APs showing "not registered" in prime

jesse.garcia11
Level 1
Level 1

a04cff6e-5c6a-4a83-8318-c2dacb0013ea.png

Hi, we just migrated our 2702 and 2802 models to the 9124s. We have our controller in prime, and can see the new APs, but they come up as "not registered". I have been looking for some SNMP configs in the controller configuration settings for the access points, but nothing seems to match. These new ones have never worked, but the old ones did. What am I missing?

Prime version 3.10.2

Cisco WLC 9800 17.9.3

Cisco 9124s 17.9.3.50 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jesse.garcia11
Level 1
Level 1

Yes oversight on my part. I did not have the High Availability set for Primary in the AP configs. Forgot we did that setting via command line on the old Wism. So I just did it again and now shows up as registered. Thanks for all the help!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Are they  registering on the controller ? Hoover over and on the icon next to the IP address column : do you get additional info's ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Yea I can click additional info but still does not show any associated controller.

But Yes, they are all registered in our controller and I can see all of them in there. 

prime2.pngprime3.png

Hi

Does your WLC shows as managed on the Prime?  If not, try to add again and it does, try to sync again.

FlavioMiranda_0-1687887061601.png

Ok syncing now as it is showing 'Managed'

The sync did not resolve the issue. We still have a few old APs in the controller, and those are still showing up as Registered and do show the IP of the controller. The new APs were added to the controller using the same profiles as the old ones, so nothing has changed in terms of Access Point Configuration

And the WLC is managed on the Prime?

jesse.garcia11
Level 1
Level 1

Actually I think I see that the HA is not filled in for the new ones. This might be my issue. Will update whether it works or not

Right. Prime and 9800 have many problems.

jesse.garcia11
Level 1
Level 1

Yes oversight on my part. I did not have the High Availability set for Primary in the AP configs. Forgot we did that setting via command line on the old Wism. So I just did it again and now shows up as registered. Thanks for all the help!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card