cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No indicator but working? AIR-CAP3502E-A-K9

dfiore
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few AIR-CAP3502E-A-K9 Access points that after they boot up (flashing green light), the controller appears to see them and I can ping the reported IP address, but for some reason the status indicator on the AP goes out completely so I can't tell if it's functioning properly or not since we have several of them, or what is causing this.

5 Replies 5

M. Wisely
Level 4
Level 4

If you look at one of the APs on the contoller and go to the advanced tab there is an option to enable or disable the led (led state). When disabled you'll see the led light up during boot but then turn off when operating normally.

I'm not seeing that option. I'm including a pic of the versions in case that is a factor. It is actually a higher version that the ones that are "working". (see attached)

Ok, if you login to the command line and type config ap led-state enable <AP Name> you'll hopefully see the led light up on the AP. You can also replace the AP name with all to enable it on all APs.

I was assuming you were on a more recent code version.

Wow.  That's pretty old firmware. 

Check the Bug Toolkit.  I remember a bug which powers down the LED of a 3500 a few years ago.

Might help if the controller gets an firmware upgrade.

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
LWAPP LED fails to glow after booting up
CSCud76044
Description
Symptom:
LWAPP AP LED switches off after booting up.

Conditions:
LWAPP AP running mini IOS 7_3_1_73. AP need not have joined controller for the issue to manifest.
mini IOS 7_3_1_73 is equal to bootloader version 12.4(23c)JA5.

This is not applicable on 7.3 and higher code

Workaround:
config ap led-state enable from the controller.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card