SW  8.10.196.0

i think i done everything that are needed 
But .... not showing SSID in the phone and access point device in Web interface
What is wrong ???? please help me ..... begging so really

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Have a checkup of the mobility express (AP) controller configuration using :
            https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-knowledge-base/show-the-complete-configuration-without-breaks-pauses-on-cisco/ta-p/3115114#toc-hId-1039672820
   and feed the output from that into Wireless Config Analyzer

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

thx for your response 
i am still having a trouble to set up 3802i 
it is not easy for client to solve it rather than engineer
i think .... i need a much time to set up 
i am korean ... if you need an any help  i will do that as you done to me , +82 10 3238 1182 
But you should know that i think i am monster when i look at the mirror 

maybe .... i have no vlan so i think i don't need to set on trunk Native VLAN
it will be a problem ???

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure AP have enough PoE if they powering up using Switch PoE or any external power.

3802 will only power the radios with POE+ (30W) and it needs CDP or LLDP to negotiate.

check show wlan X to see is the radios up :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/810/cmd_ref/me_cr_book-810/me_wlan_cli.html#wp3048232477

check again deployment guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-2/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide_chapter_0101.html

Ping from pc to AP Okay

this is on the Lan side, that works, but AP to broadcast need full PoE.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

thx for your response 

power is not a problem because i have power Supplier(adaptor)
after installation Mobile Express ... no shown CiscoAirProvision, private SSID ..... 
this makes me have an big headaches and frustration .... for a week 

i am using 2 of 3700 devices ... i decided this time, the using of new 3700  is the best ways rather than digging 3800
3800, now she is not easy to me Even though she is so easy to u (probably u are so handsome)
i hope every girls will be easy to u 
again thx for your response ... if you need a help ... i hope i can to that .... let me know it 

Rich R
VIP
VIP

And remember ME has 2 components (they run like virtual machines on the AP)- the WLC and the client serving AP, each of which needs an IP address.
If you use static IPs then you have to manually configure the static IP on the WLC and the AP in the same subnet.
Otherwise make sure your DHCP server is allocating both IP addresses correctly - make sure you can ping both of them.
The AP can only join the ME WLC when it has an IP address configured.

thx for your response 

ethernet_port wired0, ip 192.168.199.4, netmask 255.255.0.0, gw 192.168.11.1, mtu 1500, bca st 192.168.255.255, dns1 8.8.8.8, dns2 8.8.4.4, vid 0, static_ip_failover false, dhcp_vlan_failover false
config interface address management 192.168.199.10 255.255.0.0 192.168.11.1

i think it is not a problem of subnet mask
again ... thx for your response .... i hope i can help you as you done to me .... 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card