cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Only disable the 2.4 band on a single model 3802 AP?

Mogwai
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm looking to se if there is a way in order to disable just the 2.4gHz band on a single model 3802 AP in out environment. Were running a model 5520 controller.  When on the controller & I check the AP in question under Access Points > Radios > 802.11a/n/ac, I do see the AP listed. I DON'T see the AP listed under the other subheading of 802.11b/g/n. Am, I safe to assume that the AP has the 2.4 radio disabled? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can either disable the 2.4ghz on the wlan or you can disable the dual-band radio.  CLI might be easier that the guy if you have a lot of ap's.  There should be a bunch of post on the forum in regards to that, in which you can reference.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can either disable the 2.4ghz on the wlan or you can disable the dual-band radio.  CLI might be easier that the guy if you have a lot of ap's.  There should be a bunch of post on the forum in regards to that, in which you can reference.

-Scott

Thanks Scott, although I am a bit confused by the Cisco guide you linked as that guide refers to radio0 being the XOR radio, but then never mentions the radios again, only the AP's antenna are mentioned. In our WLC, it appears that the the radio1 is already disabled, which would be the opposite of what we are looking for? I've attached a screenshot should that help clear up any of the confusion.  

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since the 3802 has an XOR radio, it's the dual-band radio you need to look at.  You can set the radio to monitor only or even 5ghz, depending on what you want.  Just look at the commands in the guide and play around and see what works best for you.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/16-3/configuration_guide/b_163_consolidated_3850_cg/b_163_consolidated_3850_cg_chapter_01010100.pdf

-Scott

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Exactly as Scott says that's the a/b/g/n (XOR or Dual Band) radio you need to be looking at on 3802, that's why you don't see it under 802.11b/g/n

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card