cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 2.2 & Cisco 5760 Wireless Controller

bm_5789
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for a little help in where I went wrong.  I successfully added a 5760 wireless controller to PI2.2.  It is displayed in the inventory.  What is strange is The Client Count is populated correctly but the AP Count is 0.  The AP Count should read 155.  I know the ap's are online as I would be bombarded with calls if they weren't.  Would anyone happen to know what I am missing?  TIA.

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Controller 5760 is not supported in PI2.2 , check first supported release info from :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/products-device-support-tables-list.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Reference the attached screen shot.  This is from my PI2.2 Device Level Support.  Am I not understanding something?  TIA

- I don't know where that comes from but from this link (see below) ; I can't find it ., so I think the 5760 is not supported in PI2.2 :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-2/supported/devices/pi22-supported-devices-list.xlsx

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

The screen shot came from my PI2.2.

>Help

>Supported Device List

-  The screenshot should be considered bogus and is probably a result of Prime probing the added controller (it is standard Prime behavior). I rest my case : the controller is not supported in PI2.2 and you should upgrade Prime.

M.

If you check the tab "Device Support Matrix PI 2.2" in this Excel, you actually see it as supported ;)

Cisco 5760 Series Wireless LAN Controller
Device Type SYSOIDS S/W Version Software
Cisco 5760 Wireless LAN Controller OID:1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1645
Cisco 57xx Stack-able Wireless LAN Controller OID:1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.2067
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card