Views
Helpful
Replies

Please help me about Cisco AP not working issue

Faizi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.

We have Cisco access points installed in our administration. Initially, we connected the access points to the Cisco switches, and then we connected the Cisco switch to the Mikrotech router. However, we are currently facing an issue where the access points only connect to mobile phones and allow sharing, but they do not work or connect to computers after a few minutes. Although they are physically connected to the computers, they do not function properly. Whenever we restart the access points, they work for a few minutes and then stop working again.

AP model: AIR-CAP3702l-A-K9

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Either the IOS is incomplete/corrupt or the flash is corrupted after the power outage.  Either way, the AP cannot boot.
You will need to do a recovery from ROMMON:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-knowledge-base/access-point-rommon-recovery-ap-prompt-recovery-example/ta-p/3119495

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
but they do not work or connect to computers after a few minutes

You need explain more on this  - is this Wireless disconnecting, after Wireless connection you not able to communicated with Computer which is not clear to us.

they do not function properly.

Wireless connection not stable as i take this.

what Code running on AP, is this AP connect to WLC ? how many AP having this issue ?

what computer you have and what Wireless card it has, have you tryied upgrading the Drivers on the computer.

Looks for me Phones working since it got latest firmware, PC/ Laptop not working this could be driver issue ? ( what frequency they connecting 2.4 or 5?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

We have 70 APs spread across 5 floors in the apartment. Additionally, we have 110 PCs. Unfortunately, all the APs are experiencing an issue, and we are using both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies. I don't believe the problem lies with the driver. Furthermore, our APs are connected to our WLC.

However, this problem existed before, but it was not as severe. Now, it has escalated significantly.

Hi

What version are you using. Have you checked if users are roaming from one AP to another? How many APs are there on a single floor? Have you checked the channels of that APs on the same floor are using? and verified the power levels of the APs

Hi

1- System Software Version: 15.3(3)JBB

2- Yes our all APs is roaming from one to another.

3- we are using ever floor almost 11 and, in some floors are using 15

4- Yes all the channels are the same 

5- yes the power is all the same

we are still dark here, with no information other than your problem history :

what Code running on AP, is this AP connect to WLC ?

I don't believe the problem lies with the driver  - what is the evidence ?

This is community, your Sevices are effected badly - i suggest to raise an TAC case.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

And I'll add another question: what model of WLC?

You should check that your software is up to date as per TAC recommended link below.

Check your WLC config with the config analyzer (link below)

Hello dear.

We don't have WLC, because I told you the first email just, we have a Mikrotik router. 

How to find TAC our AP version please If would like to mention me the link.

Hello dear.

First thank you for your helping

System Software Filename: ap3g2-k9w7-xx.153-3.JBB

System Software Version: 15.3(3)JBB

We don't have WLC, because I told you the first email just, we have a Mikrotik router. 

If you don't have a WLC then that means you're running the APs in autonomous mode, also confirmed by the k9w7 software image.
15.3(3)JBB is very old - equivalent to controller release 8.1.102.0!

Latest available software is 15.3(3)JPQ:
https://software.cisco.com/download/home/285029865/type/284180979/release/15.3.3-JPQ

So you could start by upgrading the APs and if you still have trouble then check your configs and like BB said if you need assistance urgently then you should open a TAC case.   Note that these APs will be end of support in April 2024.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-3700-series/eos-eol-notice-c51-740710.html

Hi

How to download it If you could send me the open link I will download it

I already provided the download link on my previous reply:
https://software.cisco.com/download/home/285029865/type/284180979/release/15.3.3-JPQ

Faizi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

When I was installing the firmware to AP, the power suddenly turned off. When I turned it on again, it doesn't work in either the GUI or CLI. After that issue, I reset it from the Mode button, but unfortunately, it isn't working.

Either the IOS is incomplete/corrupt or the flash is corrupted after the power outage.  Either way, the AP cannot boot.
You will need to do a recovery from ROMMON:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-knowledge-base/access-point-rommon-recovery-ap-prompt-recovery-example/ta-p/3119495

Thank you for your helping.

How to get IOS or from where? please

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card