Views
Helpful
Replies

Point to point AP1262 Bridging

Jesus Carrillo
Level 1
Level 1

How would I bridge a wireless connection with a distance of 400 feet? Would two

AP1262N-A-K9 be able to make this happen? Or is there another wireless bridge that you all can think of?

I would be connecting one AP1262 of off a 3750g switch and at the far end (400 ft aproximately) another AP1262N-A-K9.

Thanks,

Jesus

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Well that's something you need to look at. The r5005 I just installed was about 250 yards away and we achieved the max 160mbps. If you need more throughput than that, there are other solutions but the price increases.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Yeah... I have done a bunch of the r5005 and they do work good.  I have some clients that use these to connect up a small office and they run voice through the link.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take a look at this doc not will help explain the configuration for a bridge.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16087

-Scott

12 Replies 12

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can, but it depends on the antenna you are using and if your plan on mounting an external antenna outside or not.  When people tell me they want to just make it work through a windw, then the answer is no.  If you want a true outdoor bridge, look at the Cisco Exalt r5005, pretty easy to setup.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Thanks a lot Scott

I will take a look into that.

I just got the distance for where I need the bridge. The distance is 450 ft from point A to point B.

Jesus

The question is will you use external mounted antennas. If so the 1262 will work. The r5005 is sort of an easy install since the bridge and antenna is one unit. You don't have to be worried about running extra LMS cable to extend the antennae cables.

-Scott

Im not sure if the 1262 will make the connection from building A to building B because of the distance (450ft). Im checking the documentation on the r5005 and see if there is a distance maximum allowed. The personnel that is requesting data connection on building b will be video streaming live. My concern will be if a 10/100 antenna will be able to stream fine or I should go with a 1000mbs antennas.

jesus

Well that's something you need to look at. The r5005 I just installed was about 250 yards away and we achieved the max 160mbps. If you need more throughput than that, there are other solutions but the price increases.

-Scott

Thanks Scott!

I will let you know what chose to do. I will have in mind the  r5005

JesusCarrillo

Yeah... I have done a bunch of the r5005 and they do work good.  I have some clients that use these to connect up a small office and they run voice through the link.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Scott,

I think we are going to run buried fiber from point A to point B.

But I'll let you knwo.

JesusC.

Well the cost to run fiber isn't cheap. You might as well pay for a high end P2P bridge:)

-Scott

That is true. But I guess since its an erate project for a school.

I probably will be setting up a 3750g poe switch in point B connected to another  3750g poe switch. Then one AP probably a Cisco 1242 in point B. We'll see how this go. I will let you know.

Ps. However, I would like to try a bridge connection in another situations using either a Cisco 1242, or an AP1262N-A-K9.

I know that we have a pair of AIR-ANT1949 that I would like how to set this up together. I haven't try bridging an AP yet.

Thank's for all your help again.

Jesus.C.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take a look at this doc not will help explain the configuration for a bridge.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16087

-Scott

Thanks for this link.

Jesus.C.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card