cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure Licensing question

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

I received a PAK and I generated a license from it.  E Mail that I received shows this:

Product Name         : L-PILMS42-50-M
   Product Description     : Prime Infrastructure LMS 4.2 - 50 Device Upgrade Lic                                             

Now this says Prime Infrastructure LMS 4.2 and according to this link this is for LMS.  Is this right or did our reseller sent us a wrong PAK?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/1.2/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg.html#wp71203

12 Replies 12

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mohammmad,

I also faced same issue:

My support partner also sent  PI LMS 4.2........and I generated zip file then After Unzip the file, I tried to upload the license file to Prime infra its popping a error: The file does not appear to be a license file.

I got this reply from TAC:

Regarding the license for the LM and NCS-WAN licenses are should be isntalled on a separate server as this licenses will not work once installed on the PRIME Infrastructure server.

Regards

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

Thank you for the reply but I do not understand the reply from the TAC they want the license installed on a different server?  What did you do to remedy the situation?

Hi Mohammad,

I dont have any seperate server and even I did not order for this license still I got this.It came with PI 1.2 -100 devicess licence.

it comes in bundle:

Understanding License Files Delivered with Prime Infrastructure

The following tables explain which license files are provided with Prime Infrastructure based on the PIDs you order. Prime Infrastructure 1.1 and 1.2 are product bundles that provide license files for multiple products.

The Prime Infrastructure 1.2 (bundle) includes:

Prime Infrastructure 1.2 (product) - replaces Cisco Prime NCS 1.1 and NCS (WAN) 1.1

Prime LMS 4.2

did u order seperately-  Prime Infrastructure LMS 4.2 - 50 Device Upgrade Lic ??

Regards

Ok that makes sense I'm looking at the PO and this is what is in the order:

L-N-PI12-50-M

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

LMS and NCS WAN are separate applications so they have to be installed in separate servers.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Ok so the license they sent us is not right then because we do not have LMS and NCS WAN. 

We only have Cisco Prime 1.2.

It's a bundle, so if you don't want to use it, you don't have to. You just need the license for PI.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

But I can't load this license file in PI.  Is this the wrong part number to add additional devices in Prime?

Hi,

Even I did the same mistake......that the reason i told u about TAC response.

You can not add this file in PI, you should have a seperate server as per the TAC reply.

You dont need this then ignore it.

Regards

Ok thank you all.  So LMS license is part of the bundle and they should have sent us also 50 Life Cycle licenses for the PI on top of it.  I emailed them and will update y'all.

L-N-PI12-50-M

This is a minor upgrade from an existing NCS 1.0.  Is this what you are doing or are you standing up a new PI?  The list of part numbers are referenced on page 4 for new installs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps12239/guide_c07-714720.pdf

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

So we have PI 1.2 right now.  Basically we added a new site with a controller and some AP's so we need licenses for that.  I'm assuming that should fall under the Lifecycle management licenses?

And since its a bundle we get the LMS licenses automatically?  If that is the case I'm interested in getting LMS up as well since we are paying for it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card