cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem 7921 G

dferrat
Level 1
Level 1

I have problems with a 7921 IP Phone: calls constantly cut.

Just when the courts get the following log

% Dot11-6-disassoc: Interface Dot11Radio1, Deauthenticating Station 0021.553f.397a Reason: Sending station has left the BSS

% Dot11-6-ASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio1, Station SEP0021553F397A 0021.553f.397a Associated KEY_MGMT [WPA PSK] sh Dot11 Associations

% Dot11-6-disassoc: Interface Dot11Radio1, Deauthenticating Station 0021.553f.397a Reason: Sending station has left the BSS

Can anyone help?

4 Replies 4

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have more than 1 Cisco autonomous access point?

If so, this may just be typically roaming.

I don't see any timestamps associated with these logs, so hard to tell what is going on here, other than that the 7921G phone left this AP, then came back, then left again.

Ensure you are using at least 1.4(3) firmware on your Cisco 7921G phones.

Open a Cisco TAC case if you need further assistance.

Thanks for your answer, actually I have 4 Cisco autonomous access point  with  6 IP phones and several PC but the problem only presents me with a phone

Can you share a bit more on what security, how your wlan is configured etc ..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

If you have more than 1 AP and they are all or at least one are in range of where the 7921G phone is located when this issue occurs, then roaming could be occuring.

Can easily check the neighbor list of the 7921G phone to see if it still connected to the original AP or to a new AP.

If it is indeed roaming, then need to ensure that these 4 autonomous APs are on the same native VLAN.

This is required in order for IAPP to work, which is the roaming protocol used to notify the previous AP of a roaming event as well as updating switch MAC address tables.

If you still have issues, would check your IOS version to ensure it is up to date.

Other than that, would suggest to open a TAC case for further assistance.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card