cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem after formating flash wlc 2504

Lujohny18
Level 1
Level 1

Hi people! I had problems with updating the WLC image from 7.0 to 7.2, and made a BIG mistake... I had formatted the flash. So now i do not have RTOS installed on my WLC. The only thing i have is the bootloader 1.0.16. Of course i can not install the code file (*.aes). I think that i need a RTOS to install first? but where can i get one for this device??? Or may be i can install any of RTOS from openwrt (for example) just to enter a normal command line or web GUI, after what i could install (upgrade) the normal .aes image. Please give some sugestions, what to do. Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will have to open a TAC case and the engineer can walk you through putting the image back on the WLC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will have to open a TAC case and the engineer can walk you through putting the image back on the WLC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the reply. Already done. Problem was fixed. Cisco engineer gave me the rtos for wlc 5500 and it fixed my wlc!

Slim chance that you'll see this but I have to try...

I have the same issue. Do you by chance still have the RTOS?

Brad, 

Contact Cisco TAC and they'll provide the link to the RTOS.  Otherwise, contact anyone from the WNBU.

I too have this same issue.  My main problem is that my wlc is not under a contract and its a lab wlc.  I cant open a tac case on it.   Is there anyway you could provide the RTOS for 2504?  Im kinda stuck here with a dead box.

Thanks!

If you have the exact same problem you'll need to RMA the device.

I ended up talking to TAC and internal teams to recover the device and in the end it wasn't recoverable - had to have it replaced by my lab support team.

Did u get it solved winters? 

No.  I have no way of opening a TAC case since the 2504 is out of warranty and I dont have smart-net on it.  this is just a lab controller that i used for testing.  I would love to be able to get it back up and running but at this point I'm stuck.  If there is anyway to get the RTOS files that would be awesome!

Did anyone find the RTOS who was looking? I am also in need!

Dave, 

Contact Cisco TAC and they'll publish the file for you.

I've tried that, but there is no service contract on my device.

Have you, or anyone, else had luck getting them to provide it in this case?

Or, has anyone done this process and still has the file?

The RTOS file isn't actually enough to recover the device. If the flash is formatted, the device actually needs to be RMA'd.

If you can get your hands on another functional device, some have been lucky binary copying the flash of a working one and recovering the first that way.

I had someone with a working unit try swapping the flash card with no luck. My card would load on their unit and their card wouldn't load in mine. It stops about the time the BusyBox line appears in a working unit.

So, the RTOS is my last option before either paying a large sum for repair or writing off the machine. Did you get one from them in the process you went through?

hi ,

could you please share the rtos file for 5500

i am also having simillar issue.

i will be thank full of you.

kindly share the RTOS of 5500

Thanks & Regards

Mohammed Akram

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card