cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem when APs joined secondary WLC 2504 (HA N+1)

An7464
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried to configure HA with 2 x WLC 2504, after going through all step:

- Create same interfaces on 2nd WLC with different IPs

- Enabled HA SKU secondary unit on secondary WLC

- Set AP primary Backup Controller

- Set Primary Controller and Secondary Controller IP+Name on all AP's HA tab

- Add mobility group on both WLC (both status changed to UP)

- Reboot 2nd WLC

After unplug the primary controller, all APs joined the 2nd WLC sucessfully. But when i checked the wireless tab, all AP's IP was 0.0.0.0 and there was no SSID broadcasted.

So do i have to Create the same WLANs and WLAN Groups on secondary WLC then add APs to AP Groups manually?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Yes.
With HA N+1 you have to configure everything on both machines exactly the same. Only the IP addresses of the interfaces need to be different and the hostname.
With HA SSO the configuration would be replicated to the second. Please note, you also need to either add both WLC into the DHCP option 43, or configure it in each AP configuration.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Yes, if it is N+1, you have to configure secondary wlc similar to primary WLC configuration (with different ip addressing for interfaces)

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ****

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Yes.
With HA N+1 you have to configure everything on both machines exactly the same. Only the IP addresses of the interfaces need to be different and the hostname.
With HA SSO the configuration would be replicated to the second. Please note, you also need to either add both WLC into the DHCP option 43, or configure it in each AP configuration.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card