Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reconfigure Mobility Express without Console

Is there a way to enter the Wizard mode for Mobility express without having access to Console? I can access the devices using SSH I have already convert it to ME but its not broadcasting the CiscoAirProvision SSID any ideas?

AP Image type    : MOBILITY EXPRESS IMAGE
AP Configuration : MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can try to reset it to factory defaults again with the use of the mode button. Ideally you connect a console cable, open the serial connection, press the mode button, plugin the PoE/power and wait until it states something like "Mode button pressed ...." and keep it pressed some 5 seconds longer. After you release the button it should reboot again and boot with a clear configuration (this is for a 1800, 2800 and 3800 series AP).

Some more details: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/2800/quick/guide/ap2800iegetstart.html#39770

Afterwards make sure the AP can receive two IPs by DHCP and reach an NTP server (internet) and the SSID should be shown after ~10 minutes. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can try to reset it to factory defaults again with the use of the mode button. Ideally you connect a console cable, open the serial connection, press the mode button, plugin the PoE/power and wait until it states something like "Mode button pressed ...." and keep it pressed some 5 seconds longer. After you release the button it should reboot again and boot with a clear configuration (this is for a 1800, 2800 and 3800 series AP).

Some more details: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/2800/quick/guide/ap2800iegetstart.html#39770

Afterwards make sure the AP can receive two IPs by DHCP and reach an NTP server (internet) and the SSID should be shown after ~10 minutes. 

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

take it you have tried a reboot?

Given you have got:

AP Image type    : MOBILITY EXPRESS IMAGE
AP Configuration : MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE
leads me to believe that you have access via console or SSH to the AP - correct?
Is this AP registered to the Mobility express WLC on the AP? or is there another controller on the same network as the mobility express ap?
*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card