Views
Helpful
Replies

relation between regulatory domain and country code of AP

Wonxie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

what is the relation between regulatory domain (like -H ) and country code of AP ?

as in mobility express on an ap with -h regultory domain i can see many countires in list taht are not part of this domain.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- A regulatory domain is a 'frequency list' (more or less) allowed in a country or a number of countries , you can find the Cisco compliance table (correlating both) here : https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

You're asking the same questions on 3 different posts! 
The only place to check regulatory domains for Cisco APs is at the link to the compliance tool which @marce1000 provided above and I provided on your previous post. 
The precise model number (including the regulatory domain, for that AP only) is licensed for compliance and use in certain countries (1 or more as specified in the tool).  In most countries using an AP licensed for another country will be illegal. 
The AP does not have a 'country code' - only a regulatory domain. 
The WLC (or ME) is simply configured for the country it's being used in which must match one of the countries which that AP's regulatory domain is certified for.  Trying to configure a country that does not match the AP regulatory domain will either result in the AP not working at all (radios disabled) or only allow minimal channels on low power levels to prevent illegal use.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card