cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote SSH to Access Point in WLC

Fachrezi Aldian
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1 wlc and 4 APs in my environment. all APs are accessed by wlc, but I want to do remote ssh directly to the APs without the need for WLC. Is it possible to do this?

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What is the WLC  model ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

The WLC is C9800-L-F-K9, and the AP is C9115AXI-F

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes possible - AP Join Profile

Management --> Device --SSH (Tickbox to enable)

Management --> User  (provide username and relavant information)

Save

and use Putty or what ever client, get IP from WLC and try to ssh to AP.

same provided in blog :

https://www.balajibandi.com/?p=2091

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I already try it, but the AP still can't remote from SSH using Putty. The IP address can ping from my laptop.

>...I already try it, but the AP still can't remote from SSH using Putty.
 - If you edit an AP join profile (to provide SSH access) ; then make sure that is used by the particular access point too ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

RoadRunner4k
Level 1
Level 1

If you got a firewall in between the WLC and APs make sure that allows SSH from your client to AP.

The AP is directly to WLC. Don't have Firewall between them.

and what about between the PC and the APs?

9115AXI#sh capwap client config
ssh status : Disabled <--- Check this

If SSH is disabled then follow the instructions already provided above by the others to enable SSH on the AP.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card