cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Retrieve Deleted WLAN from an NCS backup

Eric Lindsey
Level 1
Level 1

We have a WLAN that was deleted from one of our controllers a few months ago.  Apparantly the vendor came back and must have the same WLAN rebuilt.  We are using NCS and have the backups.  How can i retrieve just this particular WLAN without restoring the entire backup to our NCS?                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When you audit, it's comparing what templates you have assigned to audit against. It doesn't audit everything that is on the WLC.

My question is... If you deleted the WLAN on accident, why not just create it again?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you see the WLAN in the templates section?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

unfortunately not.  I have the NCS backup but it is in an encrypted gpg file that I can not open. 

Eric,

do you only have NCS backups, or WLC backups as well?

Stefan

We only have NCS backups now.

you are saying that this WLAN was running on one of your controllers - is it still configured on the other ones?

What is so specific about this WLAN, that you cannot simply reconfigure it on the WLC?

The WLAN was deleted from all of our controllers a few months ago.  The vendor showed up with equipment configured for this WLAN.  We tried to add the WLAN back.  The equipment that worked before on the WLAN now will not work on the new built WLAN.  I was not here when they built the old WLAN so I am not sure what setting they may have had on the WLAN for these devcies.  So I have been trying to get the config of the old WLAN to compare it to the new WLAN.

Ok - but from my point of view the NCS backup won't help here, since it does not include the WLC backups.

Other guys may correct me please if I'm wrong here.

regards

Stefan

Im not sure about that part.  When I audit my WLC config on NCS it is comparing the current WLC config against the configuration that is saved in NCS.  So i would expect NCS to have a copy of my WLC config somewhere. But where?

When you audit, it's comparing what templates you have assigned to audit against. It doesn't audit everything that is on the WLC.

My question is... If you deleted the WLAN on accident, why not just create it again?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I agree with Scott - try to rebuild the SSID, there are not too many directions where you can go wrong when configuring an SSID.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card