cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RF Group members not seeing each other

theophile
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I've two wlc model CT5508 version 7.0.116.0. They are working fine except for the RF grouping part. When I look at the RF Group members part in the configuration, I can see only one wlc (the one I'm connected to). If I connect to the second one, in the same part, I've just one controller (so the second one..). I tried to restart the algorithm but no change. Each controller is configured with Group Mode set to auto, and their respective role are auto-leader...

I tried to change the  RF group name on both wlcs, but it didn't fix the problem. When I look at the logs, there is one which appear quite often:

*emWeb: Nov 29 10:32:07.764: %LOG-6-Q_IND: dtl_arp.c:2581  ARP input q exceeds limit. Current val = 50 [...It occurred 38 times.!]

I don't know if it's linked to my problem but if you have an idea, any help really appreciated!

Thanks

Théophile

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only time I see that is if there are no AP's on the other WLC.  Once I put AP's on both, then the RF Group starts to populate.  If you do have AP's joined on both WLC's and your RF GRoup name is the same, I don't know the answer to that. except maybe change the RF Group name on both and see if that fixes it.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only time I see that is if there are no AP's on the other WLC.  Once I put AP's on both, then the RF Group starts to populate.  If you do have AP's joined on both WLC's and your RF GRoup name is the same, I don't know the answer to that. except maybe change the RF Group name on both and see if that fixes it.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott, you were right, there were no AP on the second wlc.

Cheers

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card