cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SamartNet license to use C9115AXI - EWC

Kembros
Level 1
Level 1

Do I need SmartnetNet License to use C9115AXI-EWC to manage 16 access points? We are adding 16 access points to one Cisco EWC but considering whether it worth buying a catalyst 9800 series controller or use one EWC.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich R
VIP
VIP

And just to be clear on terminology - smartnet is a hardware and/or software SUPPORT contract - not a license.
The APs are licensed by DNA licenses - which as Marce has pointed out are not required for simple EWC deployment.
As Leo pointed out the APs already have basic hardware RMA support so you only need to buy smartnet support if you want to be able get TAC assistance with problems or advanced hardware RMA.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/c9120axi-e-ewc-license/td-p/4446305

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi

Yes.  CON-SNT-C9115AXI

It does not required licensing for AP but in order to be covered by support you need to have smart net. But is better contact a reseller.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SmartNet not needed. 

The software is already free to download and the APs already have Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty included with every AP purchased.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

And just to be clear on terminology - smartnet is a hardware and/or software SUPPORT contract - not a license.
The APs are licensed by DNA licenses - which as Marce has pointed out are not required for simple EWC deployment.
As Leo pointed out the APs already have basic hardware RMA support so you only need to buy smartnet support if you want to be able get TAC assistance with problems or advanced hardware RMA.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card