Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up Aironet 1600 series

Osirison
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to setup the Aironet 1602 (AIR-SAP1602I-E-K9)

I have tried accessing it by various IPs like 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.1.254 but none of them work also when I monitor the connection using Wireshark I can't find out what its IP is.

I hope you are not gonna tell me that it need to be configured via the console port?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can look at the release notes for the code you have on the AP. here is a quick reference for an 1142 which should get you started.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1140/autonomous/getting_started/guide/ap1140aut_getstart.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can look at the release notes for the code you have on the AP. here is a quick reference for an 1142 which should get you started.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1140/autonomous/getting_started/guide/ap1140aut_getstart.html

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried the options in the manual, connecting the AP to the network but it does not ask for an IP, at least I don't see any IPs being assigned by the DHCP server.

Setting my ethernet interface to 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.1 as gateway does not work either.

Also tried rebooting after a minute of fast green flashing the led goes into slower green flashing.

I don't have a console/serial cable

Osirison
Level 1
Level 1

I'm still working to get VLANs to work properly in my network with some SG300 switches and an ISA570.

DHCP was not running on the default vlan, so the AP didn't get any.

Thanks for your fast reply!

You could always try a static address but you need the subnets to be able to route.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card