cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smartphone Exchange not working from internal network.

Josh Howard
Level 1
Level 1

What we have going on is we recently outfitted our office with a wireless network.  Two SSID's if that matters.  One for access to the servers and one for guests.  Neither work for the upcoming situation.

Some employees have smartphones that they would like to use thru our network for their email and over all speed.  They can connect and pull up the internet but they however can't sync up to exchange.  It works normally outside our network(home, wifi, etc.)  I'm not sure where really to begin.  I've got a feeling its a dns issue which I'm not that familiar with working on. 

I've looked over countless forums hoping for a "oh just change this and this and you are set"  but haven't found one yet lol.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Josh

Any Tips or Suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Josh,

To me the simpliest solution would be to have you network admin who manages DNS ad an internal dns record for the mail.xxxx.com so that it resolves internally as well as externally.  My guess is that it's only resolving the mail.xxx.com externally.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you we've broadcast forwarding enabled on teh controllers?

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Broadcast Forwarding wasn't enabled on the controller.  I enabled it and the problem still persists.  Thanks.

Looking into a bit more.  If I set it up with the server name it works.  So internaly it works with servername.xxxxx.com and externally it works with mail.xxxxx.com.  This makes sense but is there some sort of work around so it will work when they walk in the office and not have to mess with anything?

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Josh,

To me the simpliest solution would be to have you network admin who manages DNS ad an internal dns record for the mail.xxxx.com so that it resolves internally as well as externally.  My guess is that it's only resolving the mail.xxx.com externally.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card