Replies

station-role root access-point fallback track Dot11Radio1 shutdown

l.buschi
Level 2
Level 2

I have the following architetcture:

AP-Master with interface dot1 set to station-role root bridge

AP-Slave with interface dot1 set to station-role non-root bridge

and interface dot0 set to station-role root access-point fallback track Dot11Radio1 shutdown

AP-Slave is bridged to AP-Master on 5GHz link and offers access-point coverage in 2,4GHz.

Everithing is perfectly working except for:

I expect that when AP-Slave loose connection to AP-Master trough interface Dot1 bridged the interface dot1 set to shutdown and also interface dot0 set to shutdown preventing client to associate to interface dot0.

This doesn't happen.

When SLAVE dot1 loose connection to Master trough dot1 interface, neither interface never goes into a shutdown state not dot0 goes into shutdown state.

Is it a normal behaviour?

Tks

Johnny

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The configuration "station-role root fallback shutdown" means if the AP looses ETHERNET connection, the radio shuts down.  

This command is useful if you are using an alternative power source other than PoE. 

Thanks Leo,

in my case I was talking about another kind of configuration:

station-role root access-point fallback track Dot11Radio1 shutdown

which means that if AP loses DOT11Radio1 bridge connection to its parent, the dot11radio0 shut down.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card