Views
Helpful
Replies

Stops communication from one AP

ahmad.syed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Need one design help. We have two lightweight APs configured in different AP group and flexconnect group. Both AP are on same floor. We want request of some user  go through one AP and other user group should go to other AP .

But its not happening all request for both user group is going through one AP and which results in impact for one user group. 

Can you suggest any mechanism for communication happening to desired AP present in particular AP group or flexconnect group.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SSID same will have other issues, i would suggest to have 2 different SSID so you can failover each other.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as per my experience - I do not believe you can achieve this, since end device you do not have control.

only possible is different SSID.

BB

Hi @balaji.bandi ,

Thanks for your reply. 

Are you saying different SSID only can help or same SSID with different profile name , we can achieve it. Or we can achieve it with different radius server if both AP group is part of AP going for user user authentication to different radius server.

SSID same will have other issues, i would suggest to have 2 different SSID so you can failover each other.

BB

d.friday
Level 4
Level 4
The only way I know this will work if you do load balancing, which would spread the load across APs, However Flexconnect does not support load balancing.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card