Views
Helpful
Replies

Tier 3 network design WLC

nikEnable
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Good day.I would like to ask if it is a good technique assign the network address of the wlc management interface and dhcp-server into vlan 99 general management, i.e. configuring the vlan99 access port for the dhcp,wlc interfaces connected to the switch. I have also connected the wlc to the DC where the dhcp-server is located. I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Thanks

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

The wlc needs to in trunk mode. If PacketTracer supported flexconnect then you could use this setup. In FlexConnect you only need the management vlan reaching the wlc ad the client traffic stay on the access switch. 

But,  when the traffic goes to the wlc, you need create vlans for differents ssids then, the port need to be trunk. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi

The wlc needs to in trunk mode. If PacketTracer supported flexconnect then you could use this setup. In FlexConnect you only need the management vlan reaching the wlc ad the client traffic stay on the access switch. 

But,  when the traffic goes to the wlc, you need create vlans for differents ssids then, the port need to be trunk. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card