Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

two wism module in vss

i have two core 6509E with version 12.2(33)SXI connected by VSS

i  install two wism module , one in each core .

i need best two wism design and  configuration in this case.

please advice me . 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry Mate, but you'll have to provide more information than this.

Just want to give you some info that my parole officer and my "shrink" has taken away my "mind-reading" pills after they received numerous complaints from the not-so-intelligent-intellligence community.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry Mate, but you'll have to provide more information than this.

Just want to give you some info that my parole officer and my "shrink" has taken away my "mind-reading" pills after they received numerous complaints from the not-so-intelligent-intellligence community.

i  Create vlan 10   DHCP scope for the service port of the  Cisco WiSM in Supervisor 720 ( wism 1 installed in first switch6509)

and create vlan 20 for wism 1 managment and AP managment .

i need ask these two vlan created to wism 1 for first switch6509 itself can be used

the same in wism 2 in second 6509 or it must  create new two vlan id  for wism 2 installed in second swich6509

note two switches 6509 connected by vss technology.

please advice .

You've created a DHCP scope for VLAN 10 (service port) and VLAN 20 (management and AP-manager IP address) for one WiSM and you want to know if this will work with a second WiSM on a 2nd chassis of a VSS?

On paper, it will work.  In practice, WHY?  Why do a DHCP in the first place?  I know it's fairly easy to configure a DHCP scope but that adds another process in configuration and maintenance of your WiSM.

Thanks for the ratings.

please ther is any practical document for configuration two wism in vss case

Hi Mohammad,

First, VSS redundancy it's completly independent for WiSM redundancy.

What you can do it's configure both WiSM at same mobility group, so you have a cluster with two controllers. With all APs registered on it, you can share half of your APs at WiSM-A and the other half at WiSM-B, because Primary, Secondary and Terciary controller settings are AP independent, So you have redundancy for you LWAPP wireless network.

Now, for VSS, you have your L2 and L3 unified at 6500 series switch. This config it's independent of anything, and you'll have to know how you wanna have the L3 of your network, making the virtual interfaces across VSS system.

You can take a look at this document, just to understand it: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_tech_note09186a0080a6c202.shtml

Best regards,

Please rate helpful replies.

Alexsandro.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card