cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade APSP and APDP

ppnlr
Level 1
Level 1

If you upgrade wlc IOS software, does the APSP and APDP will be upgraded, or do you need to upgrade it separately?

Also, what is the difference between APSP and APDP?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/config-guide/b_wl_16_10_cg/software-maintenance-upgrade.html#id_87560
        >...APSP: AP bug fixes, PSIRTs, or minor features that do not require any controller changes.
            APDP: Support for new AP models without introduction of new hardware or software capabilities.

- These are addons for a specific release (if needed) and must be added and or installed manually , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No.  APDP is aimed at the WLC.  APSP is aimed at the AP. 

APSP will cause the APs to reboot.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/config-guide/b_wl_16_10_cg/software-maintenance-upgrade.html#id_87560
        >...APSP: AP bug fixes, PSIRTs, or minor features that do not require any controller changes.
            APDP: Support for new AP models without introduction of new hardware or software capabilities.

- These are addons for a specific release (if needed) and must be added and or installed manually , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No.  APDP is aimed at the WLC.  APSP is aimed at the AP. 

APSP will cause the APs to reboot.  

when converting an AP from aireos what image do I need to download?

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

AP will autodownload the image from WLC for that model (only if the AireOS AP is from model x700/x800 series) so you don't have to be concerned about that.

Usually APSP are addressed to COS-APs.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card