Views
Helpful
Replies

Username/Password

Reyad Safi
Level 1
Level 1

Dears Experts

i have a request from my management , to enable the user name /password credential for any user who want to access to the WIFI , i configured the WPA and its working , but it need to do some changes at the user side and this disturbing ....

so i need to enable the user name /password credintial without any changing at the user side .... any suggestions

Reyad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can use the web portal which you could link to AD. Never used the web portal in that way and you would almost certainly need to send this via RADIUS.

What you would lose though iss data encryption over the air.

With the latest code I believe you can use 802.1x with webauth aswell.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For thy to work you need to be using 802.1x so either PEAP or EAP-TLS.

Either way you or the user will need to configure the profile for the wireless on their laptop. Other are domain machines you can push that with a GPO so it's blind to the user.

With that you need some AAA server IAS,NPS, ACS,ISE etc. PEAP requires a server side certificate which can be self signed or come from your Root CA.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Dear Stephen

thank you for reply

i need a solution fow WLAN Connection

when any person want to connect to the WIFI , i want to redirect him to Web page to enter the user name / password .

or popup screen to enter username / password

any suggestions

You can use the web portal which you could link to AD. Never used the web portal in that way and you would almost certainly need to send this via RADIUS.

What you would lose though iss data encryption over the air.

With the latest code I believe you can use 802.1x with webauth aswell.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card