cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN issues over wireless bridge

mlwartman
Level 1
Level 1

I am using aironet 1140's in autonomous configuration to create a wireless bridge for vlan's 1, 5, 10, 15. The problem i am having is the client access point is failing to pass anything but vlan1 through to the client side network. from the client side access point, i can ping devices on all vlans located on the root network. i can ping devices on vlan1 on the client network, but i cannot ping client side devices on 5, 10 or 15 from the client side access point. for example, i can ping the vlan1 interface of my switch, but not the vlan 5, 10 or 15 interface on the same device. there seems to be some sort of break in the routing through the gig port on the client side access point, but for the life of me i can't figure it out. I have attached semi-sanitized versions of my sh run output for each access point. I have even factory reset the client AP and flushed the vlan dat file and rebuilt it from scratch. any help would be most appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You have to configure the sub-interface on 5GHz (radio 1) on your non-root bridge. I can not see it configured

HTH

Rasika

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You have to configure the sub-interface on 5GHz (radio 1) on your non-root bridge. I can not see it configured

HTH

Rasika

below are the interfaces configured on the 5ghz radio. if i am correct i should only need vlan1 configured since everything else is tagged. am i incorrect in my thinking?

interface Dot11Radio1
no ip address
!
encryption vlan 1 mode ciphers aes-ccm
!
ssid mlwLan
!
antenna gain 0
peakdetect
station-role non-root bridge wireless-clients
infrastructure-client
!
interface Dot11Radio1.1
encapsulation dot1Q 1 native
bridge-group 1
bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
!

No, you require other sub-interfaces configured on radio1 interface. Have a look at below post

https://mrncciew.com/2013/11/09/wireless-bridge-with-eap-fast/ 

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

mlwartman
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much. That's what i was doing wrong. I was only adding the radio sub interfaces that i thought that particular radio would be accepting clients on as well as the infrastructure ssid. I need a sub interface on every physical interface, not just the ones i will be specifically opening for ssid traffic. such a simple mistake to make. thank you again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: