Views
Helpful
Replies

VLANs for Wireless LAN controller

Radoslav Ivanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just finished the configuration of wireless controller and connected Access point.

I have a scheme like this:

Cisco 3945 with WLC on SRE------TRUNK-------L3 switch-------TRUNK----------L2 switch--------ACCESS PORT-------ACCESS POINT-----WIRELESS----CLIENT

2 VLANs on the  WLC (with DHCP on the router):

1. management (VLAN 200 for management and access points - works fine)

2. clients (VLAN 300, all setting are same, except Enable Dynamic AP Management setting, which is off and IP subnet, DHCP on router too).

Clients are able to connect, but they can't get address or ping the gateway of the clients VLAN (if i put this VLAN in the WLAN

Interface/Interface Group(G) setting), but everything is fine, if i set management VLAN to Interface/Interface Group(G) setting of the WLAN.

do i need to add any additional setting on the switches or on the router to allow this clients VLAN?...

P.S. i am able to ping both vlans, or get DHCP address from the switch and router...

3 Replies 3

Radoslav Ivanov
Level 1
Level 1

By the way, I can't find any manual, describing how to configure clients VLANs. can you recomend one please.

Have u allowed Vlans on Trunk Connected To WLC.

Jawad

yes, just for test, i set up IP from clients VLAN on the L2 switch, and from that switch i am able to ping the controller interface (clients interface).

Just to be clear, do I need to have both VLANS (ap-management and clients VLANs) on all the switches and router on my setup?

As I understand i need to have ap-management vlan only on L2 and L3 switches. Any other VLANs go throught the tunnel between AP and WLC?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card